The most important questions about Yandex.Money
Things you need to know before creating a wallet
Is Yandex.Money a bank?
No, but we have a license for performing banking transactions (No. 3510-K). We work on the same terms as all Russian banks.
Legally, an electronic wallet (and electronic money) is just as legal of a payment method as a bank account, and just like at a bank, you can spend money both straight from your account (wallet) and from your Yandex.Money bank card.
Is your card real?
Are there any prohibitions on the usage of a wallet?
Overall, anyone over the age of 14 can be a user of Yandex.Money. If you are younger, contact us: we will tell you how you can use Yandex.Money with your parents' permit.
Naturally, any illegal financial activity is prohibited: transactions that are somehow related to advocacy of violence; political finance, or pyramid schemes.
Besides that, a wallet cannot be used for entrepreneurial activity. It would be an exception if you have a special tax mode: Tax on professional income.
All the details are described in the Agreement, article 4.21.
Can I use my wallet anonymously?
Yes, if you're not going to transfer money, pay outside of Russia, or spend more than 15,000 ₽ at once (but these are not all the restrictions). Learn more about limits, other restrictions, and identification methods in the Support section.
It is up to you to decide whether or not to complete identification. However, in some cases, we have a right to require it: for example, if a user is suspected to violate the rules of the Agreement.
Can I be sure you won't debit any money without me knowing?
Sometimes, it can happen. Here are a few examples when money can be debited without your participation:
— you set up an auto payment on Yandex.Money's website or in the app (for example, monthly auto payments for internet services),
— you bought a subscription or gave another service permission to charge money without any additional confirmation (for example, a Yandex.Plus subscription),
— you got into debt to Yandex.Money and added money to your wallet after that,
— the court made a decision to collect a certain sum from you.
All these cases are described in the Agreement, article 5.6.8.
In other cases, transactions are processed only after your confirmation. The confirmation method (passwords, push authorization, or Touch ID) depends on how you make payments: with your wallet or card.
Can Yandex.Money block my wallet?
Yes, we can block all debit transactions if, for example:
— you asked the Yandex.Money support service to do it
— it is suspected that the wallet is being used illegally or the user is violating the rules of the Agreement,
— it is required by the competent state authorities (in cases stipulated by the law)
All these cases are described in the Agreement, articles 4.15 — 4.20.
To learn how to unblock your wallet, contact our support service.
Do I have to pay for using Yandex.Money? Are there any commissions?
Here are the most important things:
• You can create a wallet for free, and there is no service fee. However, if you don't use the wallet for two years in a row, you will be charged 270 ₽ per month. We won't charge more than you have in your wallet.
• We always show information about commission before you confirm a payment (as well as in the wallet history). Most payments in stores and tax payouts can be made without commission.
• You can make transfers between wallets in the mobile app without commission. On the website the commission is 0.5%, and it is 3% + 45 ₽ for transfers to bank cards.
• The minimum service fee for a physical Yandex.Money card is 100 ₽ over the entire validity period. Servicing of a Yandex.Money card costs 399 ₽ over the entire period (if delivered by post). Servicing of a virtual card costs 0 ₽.
• Users who completed the entire identification process can withdraw up to 10,000 ₽ per month from a physical card (Yandex.Money card) without commission. After 10,000 ₽, the commission is 3%, but not less than 100 ₽.
More information about Yandex.Money's commissions can be found in NBCO's program descriptions and in payment forms.
Credit organizations, mobile carriers, and other companies can charge additional commissions.
Will I be able to deactivate my wallet if I don't want to use it anymore?
Yes: there is the "I want to deactivate my wallet" link in the wallet settings. If you have less than 20 ₽ in your wallet, you just need to enter your password to confirm the deactivation.
If first you need to spend the remaining money or get other things done, the website will help you with that.